Facebook is an incredibly popular social media platform, which means there are a lot of users. Some people use the site strictly for personal reasons; others may have business on their profiles or live in countries where Facebook isn’t allowed due to internet restrictions. In order to help you keep your account private, here’s how to make it so:
This article will guide you on how to make your Facebook account or profile private. There are many reasons why people might want to do this, but it can be done in a variety of ways. Read more in detail here: how to make your facebook profile private.
Facebook is the key channel through which we communicate with friends and family members all across the globe. Facebook sets your account to public by default, allowing users to search for your profile using your username. You may set or alter your Facebook account privacy to Private if you’re worried about your privacy and don’t want anyone to be able to discover your profile. If you’re not sure how to do it, here’s a step-by-step instruction to get you started.
There is no simple way to make your Facebook profile or page private. To make your account private, you must adjust the privacy settings for your posts, List of Friends, following pages, and profile image.
How to Make Your Facebook Posts Private in the Future
(1) Log in to your Facebook account using your email address and password by going to Facebook.com.
(2) Click the drop-down symbol in the top right corner.
(3) Click on the Settings & Privacy option and choose Settings.
(4) Select the Privacy option from the left-hand menu pane.
(5) In the Activity area, next to the Who can view your future posts? menu, select the Edit symbol.
(6) Select the desired level of secrecy and save your changes.
For old Facebook posts, use the following method:
(1) On the same page, next to “Limit The Audience for Old Posts on Your Timeline,” click Limit Past Posts.
(2) To confirm, click Limit Past Posts.
How to Hide Your Facebook Account from Search Engines
(1) Click the drop-down icon on the top right corner of Facebook to select Settings & Privacy.
(2) To continue, choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
(3) In the left pane, choose Privacy.
(4) Look for the option Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to connect to your profile in your search results.
(5) To keep your profile from displaying in search engines, click the Edit option next to it and uncheck the box.
Other Important Considerations
List of Friends
(1) Select Edit next to Who can see your List of Friends on the settings and privacy screen.
(2) Choose Only me if you don’t want others to see your friend list. You may also choose the ‘Pals’ option to make the list visible to your Facebook friends.
View our detailed guide to hide List of Friends on Facebook.
People, Pages, and Lists I’ve Followed
(1) On the same page, next to Who can view the people, pages, and lists you follow, click the Edit button.
(2) To prevent outsiders from reading your following lists, choose Only me or Friends.
Picture for your profile
(1) On the home page, click on your Picture for your profile.
(2) Go to the Edit menu and choose the Privacy option.
(3) Click on Who should see this? and select either Friends or Only me to make the Picture for your profile private.
Related – How to change Picture for your profile on Facebook
Most Commonly Asked Questions
1) What is the procedure for making a Facebook business page private?
Unfortunately, there is no way to make your page private for a longer period. You can unpublish the page for a certain period to fix the errors associated with it. However, the admins, editors, advertisers, analysts of the respective Facebook page can still view it. To unpublish a business page, >> Open the page you want and click the Settings icon on the left side menu pane. >> Under the General section, click the Edit icon next to the Page Visibility. >> Select Page unpublished and save the changes.
2) On iPhone and Android, how do you make a Facebook profile or account private?
Yes. Users may use the Facebook app to make their accounts private by doing the actions listed above.
3) What is the best way to keep your Facebook timeline private?
Change the privacy of Facebook posts to Only me or Friends to make the timeline private. Additionally, change the privacy of tagged posts to make the timeline completely private. To do this, go to Settings and Privacy > Settings > Profile and Tagging > change privacy to Only me or Friends.
Facebook is a social media platform that allows users to share their thoughts, pictures, and videos with friends. One way to make your profile picture private on Facebook is by using the “how to make profile picture private on facebook 2020.”
- how to make facebook completely private to non friends
- how to make facebook profile private on app
- how to make your facebook profile private on iphone
- how to make facebook profile private 2021
- how to tell if facebook profile is private