PS5’s release date is getting closer, with the console coming out in November 2020. If you’re struggling to connect your PS4 to the internet or can’t find answers from Sony’s support site, here are some potential fixes that could work for you.
The “ps5 won’t connect to psn but will connect to internet” is a problem that many PS4 and PS3 users have been experiencing. Here are the 9 BEST FIXES for this issue.
Why Isn’t My PS5 Connecting To PSN?
Is your PS5 unable to connect to the PlayStation Network?
So you just got your brand new PS5 and you get an error message that says “Unable to connect to server” on your screen.
There’s no need to be concerned since you’re not the only one experiencing this problem.
So, don’t worry; we’ve compiled a list of official remedies to the PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN problem.
Why won’t my PlayStation connect to the PlayStation Network?
The following are the reasons why your PlayStation won’t connect to PSN:
- It seems that your internet connection is sluggish.
- It’s possible that the wifi signal isn’t strong enough.
- It’s possible that the PSN server is offline.
Is it possible for Sony to consolidate PSN accounts?
Yes, anybody with several Sony accounts may combine them and use them to log in to other services.
Check whether the PlayStation Network (PSN) is down as a first step.
PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN can be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance if your internet connection seems to be operating fine.
So all you can do now is validate that there is an issue.
What is the best way to check my PSN status?
Here’s how to check your PSN status:
- To check the status of the PlayStation Network, go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the status of the service, and if there is a problem, all you have to do is wait.
- If the server problem has been resolved, look for system software upgrades.
- And if the site won’t load, it’s almost certainly an issue with your internet connection.
If you suspect an internet issue, go to the following step to resolve PS5 can’t connect to PlayStation Network.
Solution 2: To Fix PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN, Reboot Your Router
If the previous option didn’t work, some customers have reported that power cycling their router helped them cure PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN.
How can I make my router power cycle automatically?
All you have to do now is follow the instructions below:
- Remove the power wire from the power switch to totally turn off your router.
- Now wait 5 to 10 minutes before plugging it back in.
- Also, see whether the PS5’s inability to connect to the PlayStation Network has been resolved.
For a precise remedy, make sure you restart any impacted devices throughout the procedure.
To solve PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN, you’ll need a strong router like the one below.
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit Wireless -QUICK BUY
PS5 Error Code NP-107938-8 (Also Read)
Solution 3: Restart your PS5 to resolve the issue of your PS5 being unable to connect to the PlayStation Network.
This method will totally shut down your PS5, draining all of the power.
Before starting up, it will recreate all of the setups.
Check out these helpful hints: Why Isn’t My PS5 Turning On?
So here’s how to restart PS5:
- To turn off the blinking LED light, press and hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds.
- Unplug the power cord from the rear of the console and press the power button on your console for a minute to drain all the power.
- Wait 20 minutes before plugging everything back in and restarting your PS5.
- After restarting, try a wired internet connection and change your settings to see if PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN is resolved.
If the aforementioned approach does not resolve the issue of the PS5 being unable to connect to the PlayStation Network, go to the next step.
Also see: PS5 Controller Not Connecting
Solution 4: Boost Your Wi-Fi Performance
What can I do to increase my Wi-Fi speed?
PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN might also happen if your router is too far away from your computer.
So, go near to your system and you’ll get strong signals that will lead to a solid internet connection.
Use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz spectrum rather than the 2.4GHz channel.
If you are unable to do so, consider purchasing a powerful router that will supply you with strong and broad signals across your home.
You may also connect to the internet through a wired connection. Then double-check that the PS5 can’t connect to PlayStation Network problem has been resolved.
If your PS5 still won’t connect to PSN after boosting your WiFi speed, continue on to the next step.
Solution 5: To Fix PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN, Update the Firmware on Your Router
If the last option failed to resolve your PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN issue, upgrading your router software will.
When your router software is outdated, your internet speed drops, and you can’t login into PlayStation Network.
So, it’s advisable to upgrade the firmware on your router, and here’s how to do it:
- Go to the login page for your router.
- Sign in and seek for the option to update your software.
NP-107938-8 is a PS5 error code.
How to Change Your DNS Settings on PS5 (Solution 6)
PS5 may be unable to login into PlayStation Network due to malfunctioning DNS servers.
So, here’s how to alter your DNS settings:
- Select Settings > Network > Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose Set Up Internet Connection from the drop-down menu.
- Select the network you’re connected to.
- Select Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual from the drop-down menu.
- To match the Google DNS, put 184.108.40.206 for Primary and 220.127.116.11 for Secondary.
- Then, to save the changes, click OK.
- Also, reboot your PS5 to see if PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN is no longer an issue.
Solution 7: Automatically Update System Software to Fix Cannot Sign into PlayStation Network
If updating your DNS didn’t work, you’ll need to upgrade your PS5 System software to the most recent version.
Make sure your PS5 is connected to the internet.
How do I update the software on my PlayStation 5?
As a result, the system software will be updated automatically:
- Go to Settings on your screen using the PS5 DualSense controller.
- Select System > System Software Update and Settings from the drop-down menu.
- After that, set automatic updates to download and install.
- The PS5 will then check for updates once you choose Update System Software.
If there are any updates, your PS5 will take care of everything, and all you have to do now is wait for your PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN to be resolved.
Solution 8: Contact your ISP to resolve the PS5’s inability to connect to the PlayStation Network.
Contacting your Internet Service Provider is the very minimum you can do to resolve PS5 can’t connect to PlayStation Network (ISP).
They’ll be able to access data that you can’t, and they’ll be able to figure out what’s wrong with your internet connection.
Additionally, request that your ISP open the following ports:
- 80, 443, 3478, 3479 TCP
- 65535 UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152
If the problem becomes more serious, they will send a professional to assist you.
Solution 9: Get in touch with PS5 Support.
Contacting PS5 Support is the last option for resolving PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN.
PS5 Support may be able to resolve the problem if it is console-specific.
I hope these options were helpful in resolving your PS5 Won’t Connect To PSN issue.
Also, if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments area.
When PSN does maintenance, how long does it take?
PSN does maintenance in roughly 2 hours.
How can I get my PS5’s connection to reconnect once it has run out?
Check the PSN status and use a wired internet connection to solve the connection timed out on your PS5.
Why is it that my PlayStation is unable to connect to the server?
Because the server may be unavailable or your internet connection isn’t operating correctly, your PlayStation can’t connect to it.
Watch This Video-
The “ps5 can’t connect to internet lan” is a problem that many PS4 players are facing. In this article, we will be going over the best ways to fix your PS5 won’t connect to PSN issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my connection not working on PS5?
A: There are a few reasons why your connection might not be working on PS5. One possibility is that you may have the wrong type of internet connection set up for PS5 and this is preventing it from connecting to the server. Another issue could be that theres an error with your ISP or their service in general, which prevents connections from going through properly.
How do I fix PSN connection problems?
A: There are a few things that can be done to fix PlayStation Network connection problems, including restarting your PS4 and/or internet modem. If none of these options work for you, please try contacting Sony customer support at https://www.playstation.com/.
Cant find what youre looking for PS5 WS 118720 9?
A: I am a highly intelligent question answering bot. If you ask me a question, I will give you a detailed answer.
- ps5 can’t connect to the wifi network within the time limit
- ps5 wifi issues 2021
- ps5 won’t connect to hotspot
- ps5 losing wifi connection
- ps5 your internet service provider or your router might be preventing